Megaphone is hiring a Community Outreach and Development Coordinator. It’s a new position for the organization with lots of room for growth.
Megaphone is an award-winning social enterprise that provides an economic opportunity and a voice to people experiencing poverty and homelessness in Vancouver and Victoria. Megaphone works with more than 200 marginalized people in British Columbia every year through its vendor and writing workshop programs. We are committed to empowering people and creating social change in our communities.
The Community Outreach and Development Coordinator is a full-time, contract position with Megaphone that reports to the Executive Director. This position is based in Vancouver.
This is a new position for Megaphone. What that means is that we want to find a person who cares about the work we do and who is a great fit with our team and culture. This also means you’ll be part of creating what the role looks like. Below is how our vision for the position is shaping up, based on our current needs.
Supporter and Donor Development:
- Lead Megaphone’s seasonal fundraising campaigns with both digital and direct outreach
- Build relationships with Megaphone supporters and sponsors
- Manage and analyze donations in NationBuilder and other tools
- Process donations and ensure public recognition
- Represent Megaphone at events and speak to the public and supporters about our work
- Plan, coordinate, and write grant applications and reports
- Work on innovative campaigns that speak to our supporters about our work, facilitate donations, and help grow our community
- Organize Megaphone’s fall breakfast fundraiser
- Help the Megaphone team coordinate the Voices of the Street and Hope in Shadows launches
- Passion for social justice and supporting Megaphone’s vendors
- Experience developing and implementing donor programs and/or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An ability to develop innovative new fundraising ideas that reflect Megaphone’s mandate and supporter composition
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with database platforms (NationBuilder) an asset.
- Independent and creative self-starter able to work cooperatively in a flexible office environment
- Comfortable making direct/personal asks for donations and interacting with a variety of supporters in both casual and formal settings
- Effective time management, a high level of organization, and ability to prioritize
Megaphone recognizes the importance of an inclusive workplace and a diverse workforce. We welcome and encourage all people to apply, including people of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds; LGBTQ2+ identified persons; women; people with disabilities; and people with lived experience of issues on which Megaphone is working to change the public conversation: poverty, mental illness, and more.
This is a one-year contract position with the possibility of extension. This position salary range is $42,500 to $45,000 (commensurate with experience).
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position title as the subject of the email. We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Megaphone. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: JULY 11th, 2016 at 4:00pm. Interviews will be conducted in person at our Vancouver office on July 13-14.