Modern Dog Seeks Intermediate/Senior Graphic Designer
Modern Dog and Modern Cat magazines are looking for a talented, experienced Graphic Designer to head the Graphics and Production department in our Railtown office (east Vancouver). The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver with the ability to work quickly under tight deadlines in a diverse and dynamic work environment. Super organizational skills a must.
Job Title: Intermediate/Senior Graphic Designer
Company: Modern Dog Inc. & Modern Cat Inc.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Date Posted: March 24, 2016
Start Date: May 9th, 2016 (must be available for part-time training starting April 18th)
Job Type: Full-time
Required Skills and Experience:
- Expert skills in Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop3-5 years graphic design experience.
- Previous editorial experience preferred (print/digital)Strong organizational skills and ability to self-manage.
- Keen eye for colour and colour correction.
- Self-motivated and a team player with a friendly personality.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The successful candidate will possess a sharp eye for detail, along with the technical ability required to create and prepare print-ready files.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines (fast and exacting).
- Proficient with web technologies (HTML5, CSS).
- Experience working with Drupal an asset.
- Must be comfortable working in a dog-friendly work environment
- Create magazine layout for both Modern Dog and Modern Cat magazines
- Responsible for preparing all aspects of production including preparing magazine files for print
- Ensure all work is on brand and consistent
- Ability to produce print ready production artwork to specifications provided
- Ensure all submitted materials are to spec
- Work alongside the art director to come up with visual ideas for stories
- Work closely with marketing and circulation department to translate Modern Dog’s and Modern Cat’s marketing objectives and brand strategies into on-brand creative execution.
- Create marketing materials and ad campaigns
- Adapt print content for web
- Oversee all web content and troubleshoot contests and user issues for both moderndogmagazine.com and moderncat.com
- Graphic Design: 3 years
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, a resume with references, and a link to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Graphic Designer”. No phone calls please. Prospective candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in Modern Dog and Modern Cat!