#CarinaPitch is back March 31st, 2016.
THE CARINA PRESS EDITORIAL TEAM WILL BE HOLDING A PITCH EVENT ON TWITTER VIA THE #CARINAPITCH HASHTAG ON THURSDAY, MARCH 31, 2016, FROM 9AM EASTERN TO 9PM EASTERN.
#CarinaPitch is a Twitter event we’ve been doing for three years, in which we offer an opportunity for authors to submit their work and get both an expedited response and feedback. We’ve had tremendous response to this, have acquired authors thanks to their pitches and, we hope, have aided a few authors along the way with some of the feedback we’ve offered, so we’re thrilled to be doing it all over again in 2016.
Not only is #carinapitch popular with authors and those following along just for fun, it has been successful for us as well. Since the first #carinapitch, we’ve found over thirty manuscripts that we’ve either requested revisions on or signed for publication—an amazing result! Our ultimate goal is always to find new authors to acquire, not new authors to reject.
PLEASE READ ON FOR DETAILS OF HOW THE EVENT WILL WORK.
On Thursday, March 31, 2016, Carina Press editors will be monitoring the #carinapitch hashtag for book pitches from authors.
* If a book pitch is favorited/liked by an editor, that editor will review the full manuscript.
* Editors will respond with personalized feedback to all #carinapitch manuscripts they request.
* Expedited response time! All authors who receive a #carinapitch request will receive a response by the week of May 19th 2016.
**Please note that we ask authors not to expect paragraphs of critique, but specific feedback will be offered, noting what the editor sees as not working or needing attention.
**We also would like to emphasize that the nature of this business is subjective, so the editor may provide feedback the author may not agree with. We’re offering insight into why the book doesn’t work for us (should we choose to pass on it, rather than acquiring, which is certainly a possibility!), not providing detailed instructions on how to “fix” any issues we see.
ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE:
1) You must have a complete, ready-to-send, manuscript that falls within the commercial fiction genres that we publish. (Please view our submissions guidelines here.)
2) You must be prepared to send your manuscript within 3 days of the #carinapitch session. Any manuscripts sent after Sunday, April 3rd will still be fairly reviewed by editorial staff but won’t be eligible for the feedback/accelerated response time.