Word Vancouver and Pandora’s Collective announce Literary Award recipients
Word Vancouver has partnered with Pandora’s Collective to co-produce a revival of the Pandora’s Collective Literary Awards. The awards were last presented in 2013 and are intended to recognize authors whose work fosters and contributes to the Vancouver literary scene.
Recipients of this year’s awards are:
- Daphne Marlatt, who will receive the Distinctive Body of Work Award in honour of her long-term literary achievements in fiction and poetry;
- Todd Wong, a cultural and community activist. Todd will receive the Organizer/Promoter Award for his work in organizing events surrounding both new and established writers;
- Elee Kraljii Gardiner, poet, editor, and teacher, who will be presented with the BC Writer Mentor Award for her support of other authors;
- Caitlin Press, which will receive the Publisher’s Award for cultivating BC stories;
- Megaphone, which will receive the Magazine Award for continuing to publish upcoming and seasoned writers;
- Candice James, poet laureate of the city of New Westminster, who will be presented with the Citizenship Award for her excellence in supporting writers within her community.
Winners will be celebrated on September 25, 2015 at a gala during Word Vancouver. The evening will be hosted by Sean Cranbury at CBC Studio 700.