Director of the Press, Pacific Educational Press UBC
The director is responsible for strategic and operational planning and management of all activities of the press and oversees the publication of works bearing the Pacific Educational Press imprint. Major duties include the following:
- Selects all works published by the press.
- Supervises editorial planning and acquisitions activities.
- Responsible for timely submission of persuasive funding applications.
- Monitors calls for proposals to develop textbooks or other educational resources and supervises the development of submission documents and samples.
- Supervises all human resource issues, including recruitment, training, and performance reviews across the press; directly supervises senior management staff.
- Develops budgets and financial plans for all activities of the press; responsible for meeting budgetary targets and for ensuring the financial success of the press.
- Negotiates and signs contracts for obtaining and licensing intellectual property.
- Represents the press at conferences and within publishing organizations.
A master’s degree in an appropriate field, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Ten or more years of comprehensive experience in educational book publishing, including a sound understanding of acquisitions, curriculum and instructional design, editing, production, sales and marketing, rights and permissions, and working knowledge of publishing best practices.
March 21, 2014
To Apply for this Job:
Submit applications to: Catherine Edwards at email@example.com by March 21st, 2014. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.