Final Days until Application Deadline for 2020 Master of Publishing Program
The Master of Publishing (MPub) program is the only program in Canada to offer a postgraduate degree in publishing, and is the country’s premier training ground for publishing professionals.
The deadline to apply is Feb 1st, every year.
- Basic information is at: https://publishing.sfu.ca/master-of-publishing/
- Admission info is at: http://publishing.sfu.ca/education/master-of-publishing/admissions/
- Awards and Financial Support is available at: http://publishing.sfu.ca/education/master-of-publishing/awards-and-financial-support/
If this is your first time encountering the SFU Master of Publishing Program, you’ll want to watch these two videos, as they’ll give you a sense of what you can expect:
You’ll also want to read “12 Completely Made-Up Books Created by 2019’s Master of Publishing Students”
If you’re interested in reading about MPub alumni, here are some articles:
- Meet Katie Shamash—MPub candidate
- Alumni Profile: Michael Despotovic, BC Book Marketer and Digital Marketing Data Analyst
- Meet Jazmin Welch — MPub Candidate
- Illustrious Alumni: Heidi Waechtler on how her career has come full-circle
If you’re interested in getting to know the faculty, go to the faculty page. If you’re interested in getting to know their scholarship and work inside and outside SFU, here are some articles:
- Three Questions My Audience Asked at My Talk on Podcasting as Feminist Method
- Biking to Publishing School
- Dr. Juan Pablo Alperin Delivers Opening Keynote at the UN Library
- Making Research Knowledge Public Award | Interview with recipients Hannah McGregor and Juan Pablo Alperin
So, if you’re read to apply to the Master of Publishing Program at Simon Fraser University, remember to do so before February 1st!